The Talon Group, LLC
Steve Janzen was most recently the Personnel Director for Governor Haley Barbour. Steve provides the pulse of the Governor's office, the contacts needed to aid in procurement and the talent to navigate Mississippi's ever changing political climate.
- Janzen began his career as a production and inventory control analyst in the telecommunications manufacturing sector. An evolving knowledge-based economy and the relevance of lifelong learning inspired him to return to school as a non-traditional student in 1999. In April. of 2007, Janzen left the Governor's staff to join a Jackson, MS-based lobbying firm, The Talon Group, LLC. where he continues to be deeply involved in the political process and government issues from a private industry perspective
- He completed a B.Ed and then a MS from Mississippi State University (MSU).
- Steve was employed at MSU to conduct research with a focus on business and industry in the State's forest industry. While at MSU, Mr. Janzen also became more directly involved in the political process.
- In 2002 he co-authored the Micro Economic Environment Assessment Report for Mississippi's Forest Products and Furniture Cluster. This report was one of four cluster analysis commissioned by the Mississippi Development Authority under U.S. Department of Commerce funding.
- He worked on a local mayoral campaign in 2001, and then served as County Chairman for U.S. Representative Chip Pickering's reelection bid in 2002.
- In 2003, he was hired as a field representative for the Barbour for Governor Campaign during which time he organized and directed campaign structure in 25 North Mississippi counties.
- Following Haley Barbour successful election bid, he joined the administration in 2004 as the Governor's Director of Personnel. In this role he advised the Governor on Executive agency personnel and gubernatorial appointments to the State's boards and commissions.
- Steve serves on the Mississippi Institute for the Improvement of Geographic Minority Health and Health Disparities Board at the University of Mississippi Medical Center